Monday, January 25, 2010

1 year past

It has now been one year past my diagnosis. It has been exhausting. I have a prolactin level of 45 or 47. At this point my levels have not decreased well actually they went down to 37 then back up to 47. I have no excuses. Life must go on and some days I do believe the only solution is surgery. Yet I have heard some that have gone through the surgery and still suffer with high prolactin. When they don't know what causes these tumours (which by the way I have a 2mm tumour located in my pituitary gland) but I have my own thoughts. Researchers have said that birth control contraceptives have nothing to do with these types of tumours or that they believe these tumours are not caused by the pill. I don't know what my believe is but simply that you can't keep putting a hormone into your body for 10 years and not have any side effects. Just my thought. Secondly, I can't believe that what we consume (preservatives) doesn't have an effect on our bodies. All the pesticides that we find in our foods and geneticially altering chemicals that help raise our poultry can't be good for us long term. Whatever the cause may be these are my thoughts.
Stress- ah now this is something that I have a lot of.....who doesn't. We work 8-10 hrs a day, drive home, look after the home front to then try and juggle life's obstacles. We do this consistently and there has to be some repercussions for draining ourselves emotionally and physically. I do belive this only helps with the increase of my prolactin. As many studies show that the more stress you put on yourself the more prolactin your body will produce. Once again this is only my thought.
I originally started taking bromocriptine. It was a small dose and at the very least it allowed me to start having a menstrual cycle again but did not allow me to ovulate. Side effects were apparent and did not decrease with time. I decided to consult my doctor who advised me to try dostinex. Higher dosage. Minimal side effects but a terrible stuffy nose prior to bed time. Now my boyfriend has been disturbed because my heavy breathing at night makes his nights somewhat sleepless. Highly recommend another bed as secondary option for him. Very odd though as prior I know that I was a quiet sleeper. Welcome to the new me!!!! Snoring and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment