Thursday, January 28, 2010

symptoms

The biggest issue I have is the sleep. With having high prolactin levels I rarely stay up past 9pm. My body screams exhaustion. My mood swings are sometimes over the rated charts. It has been years since I can last remember a good night's sleep. I have to laugh when my close friends complain about the pregnancy symptoms. Women with prolactinoma endure these symptoms for years. These symptoms have become a normal part of my life. The tender breasts, trail of blue veins, lower back pain, forgetfulness, and the mood swings. Not to mention the food cravings. Oh yes, I love those chocolate cookies. And the dehydration. I believe I could start referring myself as a sister to the camel species. It's difficult to remember back to the days where I had a "normal" body and "normal" emotions. Ah- I day dream about those days and only wish they would come very soon. Oh and I did not mention that I run to the bathroom so often that I am sure my co-workers believe I have a permanent bladder infection. Drink and 5 mins later - pee. I was happy that I did start my menstrual cycle ( I never thought I would say that ) but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment