Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Exercise

The one word that everyone dreads.  I decided this past summer to start running again.  Although getting up at 5:15am doesn't exactly make me feel overwhelmed with joy the result is worth it.  I live in a very cold city come the winter season and the layers need to be piled on prior to your journey into the arctic wilderness.  Okay so it's really not the arctic but a few of these splendid mornings it sure did feel like it.  (the thought of summer is enough to cause a mental orgasm)  I digress.  So I think this helps to destress.  The dog doesn't mind it either, go figure.  I don't keep track of how far I run or how many calories I burn as I think the most important aspect is to get out there and feel better.  I do.  My legs hurt and I feel rejuvenated.   Now for the other aspect which I noticed several mornings - tender breasts. They friggin hurt like a bastard.  I feel as though I have been punched in the chest.  Time for a good sports bra - highly recommend doing your research rather than buying 6 and then determining.  (as noted - speaking from experience)  In the long run I have noticed that I feel better about myself - granted and I feel less stressed about the everyday issues and hormonal surges I have.  Thumbs up! I would definitely try to have a regular exercise routine regardless but I would really stress that if you have hormonal deficiencies - get on board and get fit while doing it.  I am still trying to locate my cross-country skis - garage is a little disorganized.  I am looking forward to getting out there on those skis as it's been ages (I believe I was 14).  So you may dread the word and the activity but definitely get your butt in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment