Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Self Help

Need to start focusing on changing some habits.  Over the last few months my mood is all over the map and I need to start refocusing my thoughts.  I have been "maintaining" my life.  It's been at a stand still for quite some time.  I decided to try the self help books to see whether or not they could help with refocusing my thoughts and perhaps a new perspective on life.  I fully understand that the book itself is not going to help me solve my problems but I am thinking outside the box and what's the worst that could happen.  Exactly- live a little.  So far I have found it to be inspirational and I sampled a few before I found one that was not overly cheesy.  I do believe that I have tried to control aspects of my life but it's just not feasible or healthy.  Prior to my diagnosis I had a love for life and extraordinary enthusiasm.  I always enjoyed going with the flow and never regretted making decisions.  I guess in some ways I still don't but I can't help sometimes to think that there was something I did that caused this obstacle.  Bottom line I don't think I could of changed anything but it's stressful.  SO....... the book has helped.  It's helped to open my life to a new perspective and given me the spirit of life that I have sooo dearly missed.  It's nice to be able to take it off the shelf and dust it off.  I miss the old me and the love of life I possessed.   I would highly recommend grabbing one and sitting back to think outside the box.  I have also decided to start doing things for myself again.  Reclaim who I am and stop focusing on the negative aspect of infertility.  Bloody Hell, life is too short.  One of the exercises in my book; for one moment take in all the good, hold off on the bad and look upon your life and be grateful for what you possess, stop the negative thoughts from entering and realize the what you have right now is pure essence, and enjoy it.  When I took a moment to realize what I had I thought- wow this is pretty darn good.  I felt a release of pressure off my shoulders.  One of the biggest things I realized was that I was the culprit who kept putting the stresses on myself.  I can change that, and it's not my fault or anyone else's.  I am entitled to be happy.  Regardless of whether I can never have children there is something more to life and what I have is incredible.  "The minute you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both you and your future begin to change". - Marliee Zdenek

No comments:

Post a Comment